||Junos Space (SPACE)
|| $1500 ( Juniper Training Credits)
||Click for Schedule and Registration
JUNOS Space Essentials
This two-day course is designed to provide students with the knowledge required to manage the Junos Space appliance and manage devices with Junos Space. Centralized Junos device management options offered by the Junos Space Network Management Platform (including configuration backup, synchronization, Junos image distribution, and application of templates) will be explored. Students will also learn how to use Junos Space Management Applications, such as Junos Space Security Director (formerly called Security Design), Junos Space Network Director (formerly called Ethernet Design), and the Junos Space Services Activation Director (formerly called the Network Services Activation Suite).
Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, students will gain experience with installing Junos Space into a multi-node Space Fabric, the administrative environment, monitoring of the Fabric, performing schema updates, and with how to use the Junos Space Security Director application.
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
- Explain Junos Space architecture.
- Describe the Junos Space graphical user interface (GUI).
- Describe the components and applications of Junos Space.
- Explain the Junos Space deployment options.
- Perform the initial installation of a Junos Space appliance.
- Explain the Network Application Platform user interface.
- Describe how Junos Space discovers and manages devices.
- Explore the Network Application Platform.
- Describe the template user types and template process.
- Create and apply templates and template definitions.
- Describe how to access and provision the Security Director workspaces.
- Configure various security features.
- Describe how to update security devices.
- Describe how to use Campus Analyzer.
- Explain how to use EZ design.
- Describe how to pre-stage devices.
- Explain how to design Layer 2 and Layer 3 services.
- Configure Network Activate Services.
- Describe the Transport Activate application.
- Explain QoS Design.
- Describe Sync Design and OAM Insight features.
This course benefits individuals responsible for managing Junos devices using the Junos Space software.
Junos Space Essentials is an intermediate-level course.
Students should have experience with the Junos operating system, including device management, routing, and security policy. Students should also attend the Introduction to the Junos Operating System (IJOS), Junos Routing Essentials (JRE), and Junos Security (JSEC) courses prior to attending this class.
Chapter 1: Course Introduction
Chapter 2: Introduction to Junos Space
- Junos Space Overview
- Applications and Packages
- Lab 1: Logging in to Junos Space
Chapter 3: Junos Space Deployment
- Junos Space Form Factors
- Initial Setup
- Virtual Appliance Deployment
- Fabric Deployment
- Junos Space Clustering
Chapter 4: Device Management
Chapter 6: Junos Space Templates
- Template Definitions
- Template Creation and Application
- Lab 3: Configuring and Applying Templates
Chapter 7: Security Director
- Security Features
- Deploying Security Device Configurations
- Lab 4: Provisioning Security Director
Chapter 8: Ethernet Design
- Campus Analyzer
- EZ Design
Appendix A: Service Automation
- Service Now
- Service Insight
Appendix B: Virtual Control
- Server Virtualization Overview
- Junos Space Virtual Control
Appendix C: Junosphere
Appendix D: Network Services Activation Suite
- Network Services Activation Suite Overview
- Network Activate
- Transport Activate
- QoS Design
- Sync Design
- OAM Insight