||Junos Space (SPACE)
|| $2250 ( Juniper Training Credits)
||Click for Schedule and Registration
JUNOS Space Essentials
This Three day course is designed to provide students with the knowledge required to manage the Junos Space appliance and manage devices with Junos Space. Students will understand how to install Junos Space into a multinode Space Fabric, as well as learn how to administer and monitor the fabric. Centralized Junos device management options offered by the Junos Space Network Management Platform will be explored, including configuration backup, synchronization, Junos image distribution, and application of templates. Students will also learn how to use Junos Space applications, such as Service Now and Service Insight.
Through demonstration and hands-on labs, students will gain experience installing Junos Space into a multinode Space Fabric, navigating the administrative environment, monitoring the fabric, performing schema updates, and using Junos Space applications. This course uses the Junos Space virtual appliance for the hands-on component and is based on Junos Space Release 17.1R1.7.
Junos Space Essentials (JSE) is an intermediate-level course.
This course benefits individuals responsible for managing Junos devices using Junos Space software.
Students should have experience with the Junos operating system, including device management, administration, and monitoring. Students should also attend the Introduction to the Junos Operating System (IJOS) course prior to attending this class.
RELEVANT JUNIPER PRODUCT:
- Network Management
- Junos Space
RECOMMENDED NEXT COURSE:
- Junos Space- Network Director (JS-ND)
- Junos Space- Security Director (JS-SD)
- Explain the need for Junos software.
- Explain Junos Space architecture.
- List and identify the components and applications of Junos Space.
- List the two different form factors available for Junos Space.
- Perform the initial installation of a Junos Space appliance.
- Explain how security is provided to Junos Space.
- Explain how to use Junos Space GUI.
- Describe how Junos Space manages jobs.
- Demonstrate user role differences within Junos Space.
- Explain how to manage the Junos Space platform.
- Describe how Junos Space discovers and manages devices.
- Edit device configurations.
- List the purposes of network monitoring.
- Work with the monitoring topology section and manage nodes.
- Manage outages.
- Describe the differences between Template Definitions and Templates.
- Create and use templates and template definitions.
- Create Quick Templates.
- Create and deploy CLI configlets.
- Describe Automated Support and Prevention (ASAP) benefits.
- Explain Service Now application processes.
- Describe the Service Insight platform settings.
- Describe multinode Junos Space deployment.
- Describe the reports function.
- Explain the purpose of report definitions.
- Describe how to generate reports.
1- COURSE INTRODUCTION
2- Introduction to Junos Space
- What is Junos Space?
- Junos Space Architecture
- Junos Space Applications
3- Junos Space Deployment
- Two Forms Factors
- Junos Space Initial Setup
- Initial Setup of Primary Node
- Junos Space Security
- Junos Space GUI
Lab 1: Deploying Junos Space
4- Junos Space Fabric Deployment
- Fabric Overview
- Fabric Creation
- FMPM Nodes
- High Availability Failover Scenarios
Lab 2: Deploying Junos Space Fabric
5- Platform Administration
- Job Management
- User Roles
- Application Management
Lab 3: Administrating the Platform
6- Device Management
- Discovering and managing devices
- Device management
- Device Configuration
Lab 4: Network Management Platform
7- Junos Space Templates
- Templates Introduction
- Template Definitions
- Template creation and application
- Quick templates
- CLI confligets
Lab 5: Creating and Applying Templates
8- Network Monitoring
- Network Monitoring Overview
- Network Monitoring Topology
- Managing Nodes
- Searching for Nodes and Assets
- Managing Outages
- Events, Alarms, and Notifications
- Managing Reports and Charts
Lab 6: Network Monitoring
9- Automated Support and Prevention
- Service Automation
- Service Now
- Service Insight
Lab 7: Automated Support and Prevention
- Report Definitions
- Generating Reports
Lab 8: Working with Reports